Mountain Bike Skills Clinic For Women
***NOTE: Thur 6/14- location changed to Pleasant Valley Nature Park, 4301 Pleasant Valley Rd, Grafton, WI 53024
Develop MTB bike-handling skills to gain comfort and confidence for greater speed and safety.
We’ll meet at the Kletzsch Mountain Bike Park in northern Milwaukee County for a session of skill drills, followed by on-trail clinic. Our skill drills are designed to teach you progressive bike handling skills. Read the Upcoming Skills Session - Road and Mountain below for more infomation or visit http://cyclingskillscoaching.com/
For those that can stay after the beginners clinic, we're adding a Basic MTB Mechanic session following the clinic at no extra charge.
- One Session: Saturday | May 26, 2018 | 8:00am - noon
- Online registration closed Friday 5/25/18
- Registration Fee: $55.00
Coach: Brian Petted
Extended Practice Evenings
- 3 Sessions: Thursdays | May 31, June 7 and 14th | 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Online registration closed Tue 5/30/18
- Registration Fee: $90.00
- Completion of the Beginner Session or authorization from coach is required
NOTE: Dates changed for the Extended Practice Session went from Wed to Thur nights (updated 2/27/18)
Coach: Sydney Shimko
All 4 sessions: $135.00
Presented by: Wisconsin Women Cycling
No refunds will be given but you may transfer your session(s) to another rider.
Sanctioned under USA Cycling Permit: 2018-1523
Upcoming Skills Sessions – Road and Mountain
~ Sydney Shimko
Both of the upcoming skills sessions for road and mountain bike follow similar format with a weekend skills workshop and follow-up practice sessions. It will be very beneficial for all riders to attend the weekend session. The weekend skills workshops are where most of the groundwork will be laid and the group(s) will learn to work cohesively. The mid-week practice nights are for cementing the learning and implementation of the skills. I’ve never had anyone who was “too experienced for” the initial weekend session.
Below is a snapshot of the progression – fundamental to advanced, broken down into technical drills. While the fundamental skills are the same, the drills, terrain and ways of learning can be different whether on the road or off.
· principles for safe bicycling and managing obstacles
· correct body positioning and balance on the bike
· braking, shifting and proper gear selection
· efficient pedaling techniques
· cornering techniques for speed and safety
· hill climbing and descending
· group riding, drafting and paceline proficiency (road session only)